The Pros and Cons of Using AI Content for Your Business
April 7, 2023
If you’re keeping up with the latest technology news, then you’ve heard plenty of talk about Artificial Intelligence (AI). It’s everywhere and it’s gaining more and more recognition as its capabilities become more advanced.
From basic automation to complex problem-solving, AI has a variety of applications — one of which is writing content for businesses. Many business owners are embracing AI content creation as a way to improve their online presence without compromising on quality.
But with this new technology come a few pros and cons to consider before taking the plunge. Let’s take a look at how using AI to write content can benefit your business, and how it may be limited in some scenarios too.
- It Saves Time — There’s no denying that AI is fast and efficient when it comes to content creation. With just one click of a button, you can have near-instant, high-quality paragraphs ready for use — saving you lots of time compared to manually writing your copy.
- It Sparks New Ideas — Using an AI writing tool can also be great for sparking new ideas. Although you may not end up using the exact words it wrote, it can still inspire you to create your own copy. And who doesn’t need a little creative nudge?
- It’s cheaper — Finally, AI content creation can save you money too! You don’t need to hire a copywriter or spend hours typing away on your keyboard. All in all, combining the speed, efficiency and cost savings of AI makes it an attractive choice for your content needs.
- You Need to Fact-check It — Although there are many benefits of using an AI writing tool, it’s important to know that it doesn’t always get things right. You still need to fact-check any copy created by AI, as it can often contain mistakes.
- Edits, edits, and more edits — Additionally, the content generated might be too broad and lack the nuance necessary to suit your particular audience. Editing this content after the fact can be more work than you expect, so keep that in mind when considering how much work is needed on your part.
- It Lacks the Human Factor — Finally, as AI lacks the human element, the copy produced tends to feel less natural and relatable compared to if a real person had written it. Your readers want content that resonates with them — something AI can’t provide in the same way as a human writer can. Working with a copywriter can help you find the right words that describe your product or service to your ideal customers.
AI writing tools can be great tools for creating content quickly, efficiently, and at a low cost. However, the benefits need to be weighed against the drawbacks: inaccuracies that require fact-checking, edits required to suit your audience, and lack of the human element needed to relate with readers. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and what tasks you need help with — but having an AI writing assistant by your side can make life much easier!
Lori M. Dean
Lori Dean is an accomplished content marketing strategist and copywriter who harnesses her natural talents in leadership, organization, and creativity to produce not just captivating, but also highly engaging content. This content effectively attracts leads and converts them into loyal customers and brand ambassadors via automated, profitable sales funnels that become money-making machines for your business for years to come.
Need some help?
We'd love to hear from you. Contact us today!
Here are more articles with tips and knowledge to help you grow your impact online
If you’re keeping up with the latest technology news, then you’ve heard plenty of talk about Artificial Intelligence (AI). It’s everywhere and it’s gaining more and more recognition as its capabilities become more advanced. From basic automation to complex problem-solving, AI has a variety of applications — one of which is writing content for businesses. […]Read Full Article
The Benefits of Growing Your Email List: Why It Matters and How to Start Today Having an email list is a vital way for any business to stay connected with its customers. An effective email marketing campaign can result in increased sales, higher customer satisfaction, and improved brand loyalty. But when it comes to building […]Read Full Article
Are you looking for ways to nurture your customers easily? Tried different methods but still failed to do so? Well, we got you covered! You see, happy and engaged customers are very vital in the success of your current and future business. This not only pays off now but it affects your future business when […]Read Full Article